Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jun 1995 17:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Kenneth Mackenzie <kmackenz@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      EeziBleed for changing brake fluid

FYI from the Mazda list: > > > >...To change the fluid, > > >you have to try pretty hard to get all the old fluid out. This is way > > >easier if you use an EZBleed, just hook it up with no fluid, crack the > > >bleeder, and wait until air comes out. ... > > Is EZBleed a kit that has a component which fits on to your master cylinder > > and drives the fluid out with compressed air? I have a friend in England > > who has one of these but I haven't been able to find one in the U.S. > > I wish to appologize to the list for being terminally confused. I have > just been told that there are two products on the market which sound > the same but are quite different. One, called EZBleed, is a one-way valve > that you put on the bleed valve dso you can pump the brakes yourself. > That's NOT what I have, and it isn't what I was talking about. The other > product, Gunson's EeziBleed, IS what I have, and it is a great device that > I am very pleased with. Sorry about any cnosiufno I've caused. EeziBleed > is a sizeable reservoir that you fill with brake fluid, and hoses and > couplings. You attach one hose to a tire inflated to about 15psi, and > the other to a master-cylinder-reservoir cap that fits your car's reservoir. > The result is that the brake system is pressurized, and fresh fluid runs in > as you go around to each wheel, opening the bleed valve, waiting for the > air to stop coming out, and closing the valve. > > I got my EeziBleed from The Roadster Factory, but I have just learned > that there is a user eezibleed@aol.com who may have a better deal > to offer... TRF is at 800-234-1104. > > - -- > - --- > John R. Lupien > lupienj@wal.hp.com >