Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 1995 13:20:22 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re:PVC pipe awning trick

I've been haunted by my post related to the PVC awning. I guess my explainations were as clear as mud at midnight. Please just get a length of pipe and ... Well please just re-read the original post and get a piece of pipe, cut it length wise so its kinda like a letter "C" created by only one tablesaw blade width. Experiment with it.

Ted Morrison suggested using those little home window security clamps as the "holder" of the tarp to the rain gutter.

Ted, if you still have the ascii please post it for our fellow listers...

Martha, (busgirl@netcom.com) wrote:

What I've done is to put 3-4 spring clamps >along the length of the gutter to hold up the tarp, >then REI telescoping tent poles in the grometed corners >to hold the up (also using string/rope and tent stakes >and ties). This seems to work well. Alternatively, when >two busses are camping together at one of our outings, >we sometimes just make a bridge with the tarp from >one bus to another, using spring clamps on both. Also >does a good job.

Rusty thinks the point for this time is that creativity and ingenuity are key rather than worrying about having "just the right thing". Camping is for relaxing. Take a load off and have fun! (Now if I could only find JUST the right whatnot cabinet!)-kidding, trust me. .......................................Westfalia........................ Rusty VanBondo ----- Phoenix, Arizona (AZ) USA _|###|_ '67 SO 42 Resto _._________/___|___\ | 0=|_\_|_\_|=0 * * * | #### |O\ v /O| *+* * *+* *+* | |__|w|__| ***** *+* ..........**+**....**+**......|_________||+---+||........***+***...**+**.