Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 1995 12:59:31 -0700
From:         Rusty VanBondo <jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com>
Subject:      Re: PVC pipe awning trick

Ted M.

Negative! The pipe slips on and off. Very temporary usage. I dont have time for extensive ascii art so please imagine the the PVC pipe that has been cut on atable saw as the letter C that is almost closed except for the width of the blade. Have someone help you position the tarp so that it drapes on to the top of the bus roof. For kicks lets say that the tarp lays on the roof two feet beyond the rain gutter. The rest of the tarp will hang down toward the ground. Then lay the pipe on top of the tarp which is on top of the gutter. Place the cut out edge of the pipe so that it will slip onto the gutter. With a little wiggling the pipe will retain the tarp onto the gutter. Then figure out a method of supporting the remaining amount of the tarp to create the roof effect. I used one of those ugly blue cheapy tarps with the grommets in the corners. The pipe does not come in contqct with the grommets.

grommet | --V---\ O <- pipe with cut out at the six oclock posn. \--------------------------------- <- tarp || -------\ || \/ <- raingutter || <- pole

Home sliding window thingies would work too! BTW: was your dad a HS football coach in Phoenix?