Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 1995 19:37:19 -0700
From:         romance@in.the.former.ussr.ua
Subject:      letter from Olga!  =)                                                                                            (Unverified)

Not to long ago, I posted a message re: meeting women of the former soviet union through romance ads.

In August, Olga will travel to Moscow from her home in Kiev, Ukraine. In Moscow, Olga will have a much easier and cost efficient means to place your personal romance ad throughout Russia.

Last week I received the following from Olga:

"I have already sent your ad to the papers in such towns: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Kazan. At nearest future I will send your ad to the paper in some more 12 towns of Russia, where papers are published. Some times (in winter, spring & now) I placed your ad in other papers, but they are not most popular paper in Moscow and some large cities of Russia. Besides, I am continuing to place your ad in papers of Ukraine. I promise to place your ad in some other papers when I will come to Moscow in August. I am glad that you have received fairly many letters from Russian & Ukrainian girls and I think you will received some more ones and will find your ideal in my country soon. I thank you very much ones more for your kindness & your help. My best wishes,

Olga"

This isn't a scam - call it panhandling if you want. . . I sent her $40 or $50 and I've received over 45 responses. Unlike placing romance ads in the U.S., women from the former USSR respond. Although one would guess the are doing so in the hopes of American citizenship, I haven't found it so.

Olga lives in Kiev, Ukraine (population 3 million) and will travel to Moscow in August to visit her father. If you were to send a letter this week, she would receive it in time. The population of Moscow is 10 million -- (3 times the size of Los Angeles.)

Feel free to send a letter and ask her your questions. She will be happy to respond.

Olga's address:

Ukraine Kiev 253121 Dekabristov Street 5 - 178 Olga Kozmina

I am posting anonymously because of the flames and volume of inquiries that would result otherwise. I think those who are truely interested will take the time to write. _____________________________________________________________________________