Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Jul 1995 07:04:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Tobin T. Copley" <tobin@freenet.vancouver.bc.ca>
Subject:      Skid plates [2]

OK, you maniacs!

I got flooded by people asking me where I got the "Journeys under difficult conditions" manual. These folks were apparently just itching to get their kidneys rattled and their busses filled with dust.

My source for the manual should come as no surprise to those of you who have been on the list very long. Joel Walker did it. Yep, he gave me a copy of the manual when we visited him in 'bama earlier this year. Now, Joel's a nice fellow with lots of work to do so I don't want to dump this whole manual copying thing on him. Then again, I'm not working right now, and seeing as I am an oppressed member of the proletariat being exploited by the bourgeoisie pigs as a source of surplus labour (read: I'm unemployed), and that photocopying/mailing costs money, here's what I'll propose to anyone who wants a copy of the manual:

- Send me your name and s-mail address - The manual is 58 pages long. I figure It'll cost me about $0.07/page to copy, so $4.00 Canadian to copy, and maybe another $4.00 to mail to the states (anthough I'm kinda guessing on this mailing cost). I think it'd be $2.85 to mail in Canada. The US/Canadian exchange rate is hovering around $0.72 to the American dollar these days (boo hoo). I haven't a clue about the cost of mailing overseas. - Send me some bux to cover the cost of mailing, and I'll still be able to eat and drink the occaissional bottle of drinkable wine. And no, I won't wait until your check clears before sending you the stuff. I'll trust you. If you're in my situation or a student or anything like that, send me a wierd postcard from where you live, or some bizarre object you might have found under the rear seat one day. I could always use a little Something For Bob, but it's probably not a good idea to mail that sort of thing. If you choose not to send anything, that's ok: it's your karma, after all. - If I mail you this manual and then you go wild off road and break your bus, I'm not responsible, got it? (Not that I'm very responsible anyway...) - Anyone who asks for this manual will be mercilessly hounded to join in on the next Big Trip Christa and I are planning for next summer. Martha may be joining us. I'll break the idea to the list as soon as I have more info (in a week or two). Suffice to say it'll involve 4,000 to 5,000 km of dirt road, maybe more.

So there you have it. Sorry to be so cheap, but it's an economic necessity at this point...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tobin T. Copley Currently ============= (604) 689-2660 Occupationally /_| |__||__| :| putta tobin@freenet.vancouver.bc.ca Challenged! O| | putta '-()-------()-' Circum-continental USA, Mexico, Canada 15,000 miles... '76 VW Camper! (Mango)