Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 22 Jul 1995 20:24:29 -0400
From:         feets1st@ocala.com (Kevin Murray)
Subject:      We're off.....

It starts tomorrow...the trek of the summer (for me anyway!) on a merry treasure hunt for V-Dubs and Dub goodies. Some of you net floaters may have followed a thread started by fellow Vanagon member Richard Palmer and I over in Vintage regarding our "projects" and the desire to undertake each others burden.... Well, starting tomorrow!

I will be leaving here in central Florida (bright-n-early) and trekking my 65 Single Cab up the backroads of the warmish Southern U.S. to Richard's nesting place in Raliegh N.Carolina.... Not too terribly far (675+/- miles) for a new car, but I've been spending countless hours tweaking steering and drivetrain preparing for this day.

Once I get to Richards we intend to oogle each others VW, swap titles, pat each other on the back and whisper good byes to our ex-projects as we look forward to starting over again on similiar tasks, but on neater vehicles...

On my return trip I will be side tracking to Winston Salem (home of IVWA) to pick-up a sweet partially restored 1959 sedan ragtop from a fella and to poke at a local junk yard I used to visit years ago.

The road back hopefully will be uneventfull mechanically as I will be looking more in the back yards and junk yards along the side of the road for lurking treasures waiting to be discovered.

Anyone living alongside Highway 301 (of Tom Petty fame) keep your eye out for a funny little yellow pick up truck with lots of parts in the back..

Kevin

Kevin Murray (cinematographer) -FeetsFirst Films

*59 beetle ragtop* 66 Beetle, 65 SingleCab(sold), 66 Deluxe Samba(soon) 67 Panel Bus, 67 Beetle, 69 Beetle Baha, 72 Bus, 74 412 Station waggin