Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 27 Jul 1995 15:02:50 -0400
From:         cp682@cleveland.freenet.edu (Lisa Quinn)
Subject:      Grumpy update to '81 Westy project

Here it is. My GRUMPY update to the '81 Westy project. This has been a real exercise in frustration. The rebuilt engine is here from California. The new 1 piece muffler is here. But the heat exchangers, @#^%^% heat exchangers. We tried to get used ones. The people from CA we got the rebuilt from UPSed a pair of used ones. UPS lost them. So the folks at AVP were nice enough to scrounge up another pair. They sent them next day air. UPS screwed me again. Supposed to be here on saturday, didn't get here till monday. Horray! Heat exchangers at last :-). OH @#^&. Wrong heat exchangers. Seems CA cars use different ones and AVP forgot about that fact. They could only find 1 that would work. So now I have to get new ones. None available locally. Well, time to let my fingers do the walking through the 800 numbers. Locate a pair. Pay the extra $35 for 2nd day air. They get here today. Horray again! @#^& again. Only one in the box and it's slightly damaged. "The other one is coming from our warehouse in NJ" he says. You should be able to bend it back into shape very easily, he says. Rats... Well I hope he's right. Bob's gonna look at it as soon as he gets home. Hope the other one gets here soon. Boy am I frustrated. We want to drop the engine in this weekend to go on vacation next week. Say a prayer to the god of VW parts that we get the stuff soon. And that we can survive the 95+ degree heat and humidity this weekend and get the job done. Will keep ya posted on the results. Lisa

-- Lisa Quinn at cp682@cleveland.freenet.edu