Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 1995 12:23:28 -0400
From:         rapalmer@unity.ncsu.edu
Subject:      Doesn't ANYONE want a free '74 Bus? - rec.autos.vw #66815

In article <3v9pdb$h9k@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, miketnyc@aol.com (MikeT nyc) writes: I am very surprised: despite several posts, is there may be no one on this list who wants a '74 Bus with Type II engine for free? This bus is sitting in my mother's backyard at 9 Birchwood Terrace, Groveland Massachusetts, and anyone who wants it can go take it before September 6th. I asked people to e-mail me or call me (212/645-4136) before setting off so I could give my mom some notice, but apparently no one has any interest. When the house is sold, it goes to the crushers, so I hope someone decides to take it.

Mike Taglieri

(earlier post below)

If you are still interested, I still have the VW bus available, but it could not be moved while the yard area was a) buried under snow and b) awash in spring mud. The most recent problem is that the person who was going to try to sell it for me, and to whom I sent the keys, lost them, and there are no others. Therefore, you would have to have a locksmith make one or something similar.

Please let me know if you are still interested. I MUST get rid of this thing this summer.

Mike Taglieri

> I have am orange '74 VW bus that ayone can have who wants it. Last run 6 > years or so ago, but ran well then and has gas stabilizer in it. Two flat > tires (though unmounted replacements inside), and two new, never-installed > heater boxes. Body rust but no structural rust under the floor pan that I > can see. When I last used it, its only real problem was that the parking > brakes didn't work, and a previous owner had let the clutch cable get so > slack that the clutch wasn't freeing and it ruined the synchromesh in the > transmission. New clutch cable now, but you have to doubleclutch shift by > feel, like a motorcycle -- it is not a problem, ince you're used to it. > Only other problem is that it badly needs a tuneup, a new battery, and has > a slight leak from one pushrod tube. In addition, the keys were lost some years >ago, so you'll have to call a locksmith or lift the front end to move it.

-- Poor Richard

"I spend half my life explaining to Christians why I'm a Deadhead, and the other half explaining to Deadheads why I'm a Christian."

Give me the simple life.