Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 1995 10:54:32 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re: Favorite VW Junkyards /f

> > >On Fri, 28 Jul 1995, Jonathan Dove wrote:

> Some advice on how to convince spouses/children that road > trips to VW boneyards qualify as a good family vacation > would be appreciated... > Michael > '76 Campmobile >

Rusty sez: Just tell them that you are taking them "camping and fishing." In route you can say, "Hey there is a junkyard, I have the keys, I don't mind being celibate for the next year or two, let's stop spend all of our cash on parts and ruin the rest of our trip!" Some how this is related to "HotWater in Vans." Outside of the celibacy thing, this usually works for me. Check the cartoon in the NEATO newsletter for futher details...

BTW:Cherry recently objected to how I portay her in my posts, and the articles/cartoons in the NEATO newsletter. She says that I portray her as a complaining, clinging, codependant, spineless, nagging, grumpy, bi***. I told her that of course the "Rusty and Cherry" characters are only a reflection of what might occur in some other fictional VW loving family made of all exisitng possible senarios. I would NEVER portray a lovely, supportive, patient, caring spouse, like her in this manner. Besides I have to live with her for the rest of my wrench turning days unless I want to sell all of my furniture, real estate, misc. property, Vdubs, pay alimony, and go live in a fleabag apartment with loud neighbors. Somehow I've learned to be a nice, sensative, and nurturing guy! ;) rvb\