Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jul 1995 01:59:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:         tfab@netcom.com (thom fitzpatrick)
Subject:      '56 Kombi Update

DyHow,

Just a qwik update on da bus:

I;ve done some more vinyl'ing on the upper parts, like around the rest of the windows and the back hatch. I also did the hardboard pieces above the driver and passenger's skulls.

I got a new mirror, NOS, from WW for the passenger side.

Turn signals stopped working. Looks like relay is finally kaput :(

Right side taillight needs internal work. Inside bulb spring/contacts very week, won't wold bulb firm enuf. Really need a new one :( :( (bubble taillight)

Installed wiper motor and wipers, and did related wiring.

Did a test fit of new back bumper and brackets. BTW - I think this may be a pickup bumper, but I'm not sure how to tell the diff. This bumper needs a lot of straightening, tho!

Bought a set of 3 body hammers and 4 dollies for $10. I'll prolly break the hammers (Chinese) but the dollies were a good deal.

Acid dipped the new bumper brackets and splash guards and painted them.

Painted the back and "tire area" of six wheels, of which the best 5 will go on the bus with new tires.

Bought 4 14" bus wheels, with good tires, only to realise that they were 14" and not 15" These are for sale now. Don't know why I bought them in the first place -)

Maybe tomorrow I'll put the real paint on the wheels...

Thom -- > Reality: an escape for people who can't handle drugs. Thom Fitzpatrick & Amy Burgess tfab@netcom.com ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/tf/tfab/home.html '56 VW Sunroof Kombi '72 Porsche 911T Targa '78 BMW 530i Desperately seeking Susan