Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Jul 1995 20:33:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:         Eric Oster <ekoman@u.washington.edu>
Subject:      An experience at Averrie's....

A couple months ago, I agreed to put new floor pan halves in this guy's notch..[long story deleted]..since I don't believe they make floor pans for type3's new, he had to get some cut out of some other T3 or another. $200.00 PER SIDE (ouch!) is what I think he paid. They were very nicely wrapped in cardboard, wrapped with plastic, and I didn't think too much about them, so I broke my cardinal rule about buying parts: ALWAYS inspect EVERY part you get BEFORE you drive 200 miles away! (It's tattooed on my forehead now. Looks kinda strange.:) Anyway, cut the old (nonexistant) pans out, and proceeded with the unwrapping. Uh...there's a rust hole. there's another one. There's a big `un. Well, I had the guy call them up, and explain to them that the pans they sold him were garbage. They basically said: `tough' at first, but eventually said we can go exchange them. Now, as unimpressed as I was with the quality of the first set, I didn't see much of a reason to drive 200+ miles to exchange them for another (possibly) rusty set. Anyways, the pans I got were repairable, so I patched them up, installed them, and off the notch went. I still want to go check out the yard though. When I was there, they were closed, and I only got to look through the fence. :(

Eric Oster (ekoman@u.washington.edu)