Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 1995 12:15:39 -0400
From:         drew@interport.net (Derek Drew)
Subject:      Camper Closet Contents List

> return to Maryland by Labor Day. We are thinking of following US 50 > all the way back, but am always open to other ideas...

Bad idea possibly. Distance is too far. Pick your back roads by plotting trips on dirt roads through mountains (enjoy your syncro). Then make up time on the highways.

> (2) What we will need for life in the camper, beyond what VW supplies.

Well, here is an old list from 1983 of what I kept in various places in my camper. The list is no longer accurate but it is the best I have easily at hand at this time.

Glove Compartment ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tools Pouch Contents Screwdriver (reversible) Pliers (regular) Pliers (needle-nose) Wrench (Small Adjustable) Wrench (VW 10mm/13mm) Tape Measure Allen HDs for Bumper, CB, Armrest Air Pressure Gauge

Glove Compartment Contents--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapstick Rollaids Advil EAR plugs Seabands Fuse Bag (both ATO and old style) WeatherCap (spare) for CB CB To Speaker Reroute Plug Compass Wing Vent Locks Tire Valve Caps Spare Razor Blade Battery Switch Handle 12 Volt Alarm Remote Battery Anti Fog Spray Lock De-Icer Rachet Wrench (1.2") for Awning Tools Pouch

Drawer Under Sink -----------------------------------------------------

Silverware Bottle & Wine Opener Can Opener Spatula Two Bottles Water Purifier Matches Playing Cards 12 Volt Hot Water Heater Sink Drain Plug Shot Glass

Pantry Top -------------------------------------------------------

Pantry Upper Shelf Zip loc storage bags--large Zip loc storage bags--small Two eating trays Giant plastic cups Blue spices bag Aluminum foil Coffee cups (2) Shot glasses (two)

Pantry Bottom Frypan Cookset (main blue one) Cooking pot (small one) PAM cooking spray Thermous Toaster Paper plates Emergency sparker for stove SOS pads

Industrial Cubby

Cheap Sunglasses In Bag Tennis Elbow Arm Band Toilet Paper (2+ rolls) Little John and Lady J Attachment Umbrella Rubbers for Shoes Bug Lamp H2O Intake Hose H20 Siphon Hose Bungie Cord Doughnut Gas Tank Fill Hose 110 & 12 Volt Adapters And Connectors Duct Tape (roll) 3m Medium Quality D-cell Batteries & Battery Tester Car Care Kit... carwash concentrate wash mit & towel polishing pad polishing polymers toothbrush bug remover 3m rubber protector fantastic armorall windex First Aid/Body Care Kit... bandaids neosporine ointment spf 15 suntan lotion

Roof Shelf Bag 6 condoms 2 eyepatches 6 pair EAR plugs Chapstick Dristan Antacid

Rear Closet (label area is roughly two long tall strips of 5 x 20cm)

Rear Closet Contents Car Bra Front Table Leg (When Not In The Back) Giant Spotlight (When Not In 4x4 Blue Bag) Propane Heater (Optional In Summer) 110 Volt Heater (Optional In Summer) Map Books Of Vt., NY, & NH Vodka Kleenex (2 Or 3) Paper Towels (2 Or 3) Vanmanuals Mobil Guide Campground Directories Spare Maps Red Case National State Farm Atlas Bottles Of Propane (Suggest 7)(Optional In Summer) Solar Shower Frisbee Shower Stall Enclosure (Optional Summer) 5 Gal. Water Bag (Optional Summer)

Far Rear Closet (total surface area is 60 x 14) 1/93

The Hostile Outdoors Closet (top) Bugs, Rain, Cold Emergency Raincoat (Yellow one) Emergency Raincoat (two clear micros) Earmuffs Tat Fly Paper Bug Coil Boxes (2) Bug Coil Holders Bag Insect "Afterbite" In Bag (2+) Two Emergency Headnets 100% Bottles Insect Repellent Flying Insect Spray 2 Spray Insect Repellents Permanon

The Down Comforter Closet (middle) Down Comforter

The Domestic Life/ Overnighter Closet (bottom) Washup, Privacy, Lighting Derek's Toiletries Kit Jill's Toiletries Kit No Rinse Shampoo Two Spare Washcloths & Pom Pom Towels (two) Front Windshield curtain Rear Hatch Screen Travel Clock Gasoline Powered Lantern Gasoline for Lantern Above Extra D Powered Little Lantern

___________________________________ Derek Drew drew@interport.net (main address for e-mail) derekdrew@aol.com (alternate/backup address, checked infrequently)