Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 1995 12:46:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Gerald Skerbitz <gsker@lenti>
Subject:      Major Weekend Score! =)

----- Unsent message follows ----- >Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 10:28:28 -0700 >To: vanagon@lenti >From: jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo) >Subject: Major Weekend Score! =)

As advertised in last weeks' Phoenix area "free ad" publication, e.g. Auto Trader Misc for sale or "Recycler" style publication:

*VW Tint, can also be used as a tint without the bus, $50. call (602)XXX-XXXX, PEORIA.*

A VW buddy of mine saw the ad and was told that he had been the only person calling in a week. The ad stated that a "Tint" was for sale. Arizona is thick with auto window tinting places and tend to be ignored due to their commonality. My friend determined that the seller was moving and leaving Phoenix by 11:00 Saturday. The "tint" needed to be picked up prior to that time. (No problem)! What they had was an NOS stand alone/drive away circus tent (68>) and settled on $35.00!!!!!!! =) =) =). The seller stated, in their Missourri accent (tint vs tent), that they just didn't have room on the truck for stuff that didn't have that much value and that they'd never have a use for. OK! Leave that worthless junk behind! The VW buddy was stuck at work and asked if I'd do the leg work. Sure. Asked the friend if I could have first dibs on it if he were to ever sell it. He has no westy/doesn't camp. Cool. I picked it up and it was perfect, complete, and in a big old red and white striped bag similar to a equipment bag for a baseball team. It looked like it was used maybe once due to the slight mud on the underside of the floor. The friend determined that he wanted to keep it, Cool, glad to help a friend. End of story.

The following day the "VW buddy" called me stating that he determined (at the first of the month) that he really needed money after all. Rusty asked if he was very sure and then flew over to his spot and swooped it for a "little more" than what he paid, made it worth his time, but still got a killer deal compared to today's typical market prices. Sorry to sound like "look at me" but I am excited about the deal and this reaffirms in my mind that "they" are still out there and surface in the weirdest places. Substitute anything you want for the term "they".

Going camping this weekend! harf, harf, harf! =)