Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 1995 20:08:23 -0400
From:         flminor@clark.net
Subject:      Thanks for the 'yard tip!

Tim Schlaile posted a note about an '84 westy that was used by a vet; it was in a 'yard in Rockvile, Maryland. I was there this morning and FINALLY go a complete set of curtains and all the factory support rods, screws, spacers, etc. He was right, the interior in in very near mint condition. Stove, poptop, etc. The pop top looks brand new. I also found the screen that snaps over the rear end when the hatch is up. Perfect condition, no tears, $5. The curtains were $30. I have looked for a long time for those, and they were complete. The stove doesn't have a scratch on it. I must admit, however, that I also got the westy window that was just above the stove. I have lusted in my heart for the westy type windows; now I won't have to jump up in the night to get the plastic screen out before I can shut the window when it rains. But my getting the window now means the interior, and particulary the stove, will be exposed to the weather. If any one wants a really nice stove, you really ought to come get this one. I closed all the doors and rolled up all the windows, except one, before I left. Even rugs are in excellent shape.

It is a 4-speed, and the seats, bed are in excellent shape; the front seats swivel. Some one else got the right cylinder head (?); there is no body damage, fuel injection is complete. I didn't notice the mileage.

Forrest Minor flminor@clark.net