Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 1995 21:02:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:         Jack Reed <jackr@fortnet.org>
Subject:      Re: [Q] Fuel Inj problem

Jesse, A couple of things come to mind. Mind you, I have an 81 so I may not be able to hit the nail directly on the head, but I should come close. I second the idea of the faulty cold start switch, that's where I'd start looking anyway. If the van came from sea level the timing could be waaay off. Have him check that as well. If the problem still appears to be flooding, have her hold the pedal to the floor when she first cranks it over, that usually gets a flooded engine running again.

As far as the computer's sensor's go, I'm not real up on which direction the resistance takes as temps change. I'm sure someone else here with a 76 could clue you in.

Where exactly is the van? I may have someone else for you to take it to if the first mech pans out.

Jack

PS -- I don't think the USENET idea is too hot. Signal to noise ratio would go through the roof. Better to just leave things the way they are and look for a cheap 9600.