Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 9 Jul 1995 01:01:22 -0700
From:         nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu (Martha Rubin)
Subject:      Lakeport Volksfest

Earlier I posted my intention to attend the '95 Volksfest in Lakeport, Ca on July 21-23. Here's who's going so far:

Martha Rubin Steve Johnson (probably) Bradley Prunehead Jeff Rosen

I've sent in $$s for one of their camsites at the fairgrounds (right at the show location). They are for $12 per nite, and apparently include nearby proximity to bathrooms, showers (hurray!), hookups, etc. I personally reserved for Saturday nite, thinking that perhaps Friday nite I'd find something in a more natural setting. For your info, the number to arrange these reservations is thru the Lakeport Chamber (of Commerce) at: 1.707.263.5092.

Directions:

Lakeport is located on State Highway 29, on the west side of Clear Lake, in Lake County, California.

>From the West: Follow State 101 (Redwood Highway) to hopland, then east on State 175 to junction with State 29, then north to Lakeport.

>From the East: Follow Interstate 5 to Williams, then west on State 20, around Clear Lake, to junction with State 29, then south to Lakeport.

>From the map I have, the fairgrounds look to be on Martin Street, between Main Street and Highway 29. Martin lies between 11th Street and Lakeport Blvd.

Here's a schedule of stuff:

Friday: free concertn library park 6:30 p.m.

Saturday: Fromula Vee Races 7:30 p.m. Main Street Show Off (don't know time) Slalom races also in the evening. Those registering by 6:00 p.m., and in the line-up by 6:30 p.m. will be able to do a lap in their VW on the race course, in front of a full grand stand.

Sunday: (main day of the whole event) gates open for set-up 7:00 a.m. Miss Lake County Pancake Feed (all you can eat, $3.50) Gates open for spectators at 10:00 a.m. ($3 admission! :) Trophy Awards 3:00 p.m. Swap Meet, etc.

This is put on by the Silver Circle Chapter of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of Northern California.

The drive is supposed to be about one hour from Sacramento, and perhaps 1.5 or so from San Francisco.

Even if you can't come to this and do the camp thing Friday and Saturday evening, it would be great to have a vanagon.lenti gathering there at least during the day of the main events on Sunday.

Let me know.....

/martha nrubin@s1.csuhayward.edu