Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 15 Jul 1995 02:50:27 -0400
From:         Harbgraph@aol.com
Subject:      Transplant from bug to bus?

Greetings from a short time listener, first time caller.;-). We just got a 68 camper/art bus (painted by an artist named Michael McDonald). We call it WEEEEEE (as in- weeeeee! what a fun ride). Actually, Katya our almost 2 year old, named it the first time she rode in it. We also have a dying 71 bug (betsy, by name) that has lovingly offered herself up for part transplants. It's already given up it's stereo and will eventually give up it's dual port heart to replace weeeeees' aging single port. The dual port runs O.K. but needs some work. The plan is to have the 71 dual port rebuilt and put it in the bus, then rebuild the 68 single port myself (would be my first) and keep it as a back-up. Any comments as to do's and don'ts or other helpful hints would be greatly appreciated. I have a Bentley manual and Muirs' book as technical support. I am also going to put the bug's battery in the bus as a secondary. I have looked at a couple of different set-ups at my local RV store. Any suggestions? This "BUS" thing can be addicting. We got it because we loved the paint job, but now we're considering getting another one (his and hers - her being partial to a split window). We've even considered selling our 84 318i to fund the whole project. One more point, when this whole project is done, we will have a somewhat stripped cosmetically challenged bug shell. Any suggestions?

Louis,Lisa&Katya In Alameda, CA 68 art/camper 71 dying superbug 84 318i (it is german?:-)