Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 1995 01:03:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:         william killian <killian@gcr.com>
Subject:      Re: Van names...

On Mon, 17 Jul 1995, Cetin Seren wrote:

> I drove the EV to work last week, and we decided to go out to lunch. > Naturally, I took this opportunity to show off the EV (which I had recently > cleaned after the shame I felt at the Philly gathering :-), It turned out > I had a total of seven people and their weights averaged about 190 pounds. > > I noticed that the EV's ride actually felt a lot cushier and I was not feeling > the cigarette butts that I drive over anymore.... The engine did not even > seem to notice the weight... > > Cetin > > > RGOLEN@umassd.edu writes: > > > > Didja ever notice how EuroVans (and I'm sure other VW vans) seem > > to run "happy" when its hauling the family and out on the > > highway? Mine does! > > > > Ric

Yup. The other weekend we had the wife and I, the 14 and 12 year old daughters, the 5 month old son, 6 40 lb. bags of wood pellets, 4 20 olb bags of cat food, 50 lbs of dog food, (we breed ferrets - ferret litter and food) and a whole mess of other stuff in the EV. It was quite hot so we ran both A/Cs. The van was quite 'happy'. Don't want to hear anything about 'underpowered' Eurovans.

Checked with a VW dealer about a hitch for the EV. Rated at 3500 lbs. costing $178 - gonna check for none VW parts but that hitch may be the next addition to the EV. Might be able to 'tow' both Things with that - not that I expect that to be legal... :)

bill killian