Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         18 Jul 1995 05:55:29 GMT
From:         Norman_Leong@BayNetworks.COM (Norman Leong)
Subject:      Re: Lack of EV Manual

Ric fumed forth:

>Jim....you and I have been calling Bentley on this one! I'm >just getting a little tired of their responses...besides they >have the arrangement with VWUS to publish the manuals here >in the states...so as they say "$||it flows downhill". I >figure that VWUS now needs to get into the act.

Well, Ric, if it makes you feel any better, the story's the same over here on the left coast, too. Bentley probably figures the potential market for an EV manual is so small that we'd all die off and they could move onto something more profitable, like, uh, A3 Golf and Jetta manuals, or something...

With regards to your original post re: the AC fan kicking on high.... I gave it a shot and it appears that my fan comes on at the low speed with the ignition on and the control lever being moved from outside fresh air to bi-level AC. Fan speed stays constant regardless of which of the three AC settings is selected. Also, when cruising on the open road, the temp needle hovers around the 1/2 mark; the only time it goes above is if it's hot and I have the AC running, and even then, it's only a fraction of a hash mark.

Norman norman_leong@baynetworks.com