Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 95 7:27:32 EDT
From:         "Drew B. Farenwald" (SLAD/CBNED) <dbf@arl.mil>
Subject:      RE: EV A/C Question....

> From: "Skip Correll 615-757-5508 (School)" <CORRELL_SKIP@a1.cps.k12.tn.us>

> Concerning the A/C and its relationship to fan speed in an E-Van.

I don't know about the fan, other than it runs on after I stop sometimes (and often in this summer weather.)

> Concerning your gauge, 3/4 bothers me as ours has never been > higher than 1/2 or a little bit above it even when traveling > through the Smokey Mtns. There is always the possibility that > our gauge is defective and yours is accurate. More input from > others on the list may be needed. Temps have been high 90's to > low 100's this week (I checked coolant level and strength) but > the needle on the temp gauge has climbed very little. Generally, > our gauge reads right at or a little above the 1/2 way mark.

Same here. The gauge will sometime creep over the 1/2 mark, but that's the max. It's usally just below, even with the A/C cranked in this summer weather.

--Drew '93 EV (Stella) dbf@jade.arl.mil Joppatowne, MD