Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 18 Jul 1995 14:54:03 +0200 (SAT)
From:         Wouter de Waal <wrm@aztec.co.za>
Subject:      Oil temp sensor

Hi

Gary asks about an oil temp sensor on a T above the oil cooler. Nope. Won't work. BTDT. Actually the guy who had the car before me WTDT (I'm getting almost as good as Thom, making these things up on the fly :-)

Anyway, I have a sensor at the bottom of the oil fill pipe. Next to the alternator. I removed the filler pipe, but it should be possible to have the right size nut welded to the side of the pipe. Best is, you don't have to remove the engine.

ObNOTVW :) It SNOWED on Table Mountain! First time in living memory (_My_ living memory, snowed 10 years ago but _nothing_ like this.) For those of you not in the know, Table Mountain is not very high and right next to the sea. Never snows.

ObVW : I need heat in my car! Brrr :)

Wouter