Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Jul 1995 17:13:05 -0300
From:         smitht@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca (Tim Smith)
Subject:      Re: battery info requested

>Years back, there was a TV ad for a battery which had a special >reserve (almost like a second battery within a battery) capability.

This type of battery was available at a cheesy chain store called Canadian Tire Corp, here in Canada. They kept price cutting to dump them, eventually at half price they still didn't move much. Haven't seen them since, so I think mebbe they suck! CTC has sold me batteries that they knew were defective, discontinued because of that, but still available as stock. They would still be selling the backup battery you mentioned if they could make money, so I suspect you really don't want to buy one of those. In a '71 you can fit the biggest damn battery you can find, so go to Sears and buy the newest biggest DieHard Gold you can find, great warranty on them too! They do make a real VW van sized one, mandatory for Vanagons, but you can get a much more powerful one for Ramona. They are all the same price here BTW, around $100CDN, regardless of size, figure that one. Other good battery was from Interstate, rec'd by several listmembers. tim s.