Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 14 Jul 95 10:05:30 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      FFFriday Follies: some silliness ...

Barnacle Bill the Busman <to the tune of Barnacle Bill the Sailor>

A Volkswagen Bus is right for me, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, A big rolling box for the woman and me Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, I'll cram it full of camping stuff, We drive and drive til we've had enough, And we won't put up with ANY guff!!! Said Barnacle Bill the Busman.

Pretty soon, you'll lose that grin, Pretty soon, you'll lose that grin, Pretty soon, you'll lose that grin, Cried the fair young maiden.

Well, I'm rough and tough, and I know my Bus, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, I'll fix what's broke without much fuss, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, My whirling sockets give me class, My wrenches sparkle and shine like glass, And I've even got cushions to put on my ass! Said Barnacle Bill the Busman.

You're out of gas, and can't go on, You're out of gas, and can't go on, You're out of gas, and can't go on, Cried the fair young maiden.

Well, hell, I guess I'm stuck for now, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, But I'll get moving again somehow, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, I'll make some gas from cactus juice, Or from some leaves from a towering spruce, Or grab a tow from a passing goose!! Said Barnacle Bill the Busman.

There's a cop, you must slow down, There's a cop, you must slow down, There's a cop, you must slow down, Cried the fair young maiden.

To hell with the rules and statutes, too, Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, And if you don't like it, to hell with you! Said Barnacle Bill the Busman, I can outrun the cops with the greatest of ease, And drive my bus any way I please, I'll grind my gears til they turn to cheese! Said Barnacle Bill the Busman.

Here's some flowers for his grave, Here's some flowers for his grave, Here's some flowers for his grave, Sobbed the fair young maiden.