Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (August 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 1995 10:00:11 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Paint colors (again/correction)

I don't remember if the discussion regarding the application of Pearl White was on this or "the other" list. I mentioned that Pearl was not "correct" for the bumpers and the wheels with possible inclusion of the poptop section of a 65-67 Westy. I stand by this but am open to correction. The alternative color I mentioned was something like "Arctic White" or whatever. Last night I looked at home for the Volksworld article from last summer/fall (Sept '94?) which listed all of the colors and the factory application per year. Sorry no luck. I did find the color references for the '67 Westy that I keep blabbing on about.

L512- Velvet Green L87- Pearl White L82- Silver White (NOT "Artic" White)

The research that I have conducted concluded (at least in my brain) that the L82 Silver White is correct for the wheels and bumpers *For at least the green/ white color/colour combo. I know that the Mango green uses a gray white but don't know the real name or code. I appreciate the efforts of other list members who are also researching this information. A search will continue for that magazine that was mentioned. Possibly Lee Griffiths or other UK folks would have this issue handy. (?)

It also seems to me that the black and white covered catalogue from "Vintage Parts and Restorations" had chassis numbers listed but don't recall whether paint code application numbers were also included.