Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Sep 1995 17:43:59 -0700
From:         rickgo@halcyon.com (Rick Gordon)
Subject:      Query on 80 Vanagon price

Any suggestions as to what the following vehicle is worth:

1980 Vanagon Camper (VSI conversion: Dometic fridge, Coleman furnace, propane stove, sink with hand & electric pump, pop top, lots of storage space) 97,000 miles (22K of which are on a rebuild) Body is clean, minor dent in the door, and sliding door lower half has been replaced; full VDO instrumentation package (lovingly installed by current owner); engine seems to run fine, but is definitely a bit hotter than ideal. I haven't diagnosed this one yet.

I'm particularly interested in hearing from folks in the PNW. But if anyone has an opinion I'd like to hear about it.

I haven't decided to sell it yet, but I keep test driving water-cooled ones and I'm starting to get used to that extra power. But I'm wondering just how big a loss I'd be taking on my current one. The VW mechanic I took it to for a look at the overheating problem ended up getting E. coli poisoning (well, it's suspected at least) so I don't know yet why yet. And I sure haven't had time lately to spend a day in the garage.

-rick

Rick Gordon Bainbridge Island, WA, USA ------------------------------------- finger for PGP public key fingerprint -------------------------------------