Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 19 Sep 95 15:51:00 PDT
From:         "Casey, Tim" <tcasey@hdrinc.com>
Subject:      Has heat, but it smells

Good subject title, heh?

I gots me a 84 vanagoner, and the auxiliary heat exhanger for the passenger compartment (under the third seat) is cracked. So when I blow anything (hot or cool air) through this, the van fills up with antifreeze odors. Unfortunately, when I use the heater for the front of the van (for the DRIVER), it too smells up the van.

Baaaaaaaaad timing, dudes and dudettes, becuase temps in Minnesnowta are dropping down to freezing this week, and I'm driving to northern Minnesnowta tonight for a three day business trip.

I assume that Bentley will show me how to replace the aux. heater under the back seat, but what's up with the heat for the front two seats (the heat coming out of the dash)?

Also, today I noticed the top ventilation control lever (for the windshield) does nothing, and feels like it is attached to nothing. Can anyone shed a little light on these for a still-Bentley-less, slightly chilled list mate?

Finally, one for the archives: this afternoon I put out $360 for four new Michelin XZX (185R14) tires. They make a tremendous difference over the old 195R14's that were on (but in very poor condition). I'll enjoy them on the road tonight.