Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Sep 95 17:23:55 PDT
From:         "Lee Wood"        <Lee.Wood@forsythe.stanford.edu>
Subject:      SewFine Seat Covers for '81 Vanagon

I just finished installing a set of SewFine seat covers in my '81 Westfalia a couple of weeks ago. First I ordered their $6 folder of fabric swatches (nice selection) and their catalog. Although the Vanagon covers aren't in the catalog, the various styles depicted are all available for the Vanagon seats. I called in the order and the covers arrived in about 3 weeks (they explained that limited initial production and a delay in obtaining my selected tweed material caused the delay). Since I wanted to do the back cushions in my camper to match, I ordered additional matching tweed yardage to sew them up myself (SewFine doesn't offer covers for Westy benches and bed cushions).

The fit and finish of the front seat kits were excellent. I managed to do a decent job on the rear cushions. My friends and neighbors (at least those I was able to drag out to the street to look at the finished job) were impressed. My wife was impressed. I was impressed.

BTW, make sure that you get the $6 rebated on your seat cover order. Sewfine forgot and I'm still waiting for the credit to hit my charge card statement -- but it may be in the next billing cycle.

SewFine advertises in the major VW magazines.

I have no commercial interest in SewFine, yatta, yatta, yatta....

Lee

To: VANAGON@LENTI.MED.UMN.EDU