Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 3 Sep 1995 11:39:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:         tfab@netcom.com (thom fitzpatrick)
Subject:      Bug O Rama Report

Yo,

Well, just got back from Bug O Rama. I left a little early 'cause I had to pick the SO up at SMO. Too bad, too, cause I still had money left!

I bought:

a bubble taillight to replace the ailing one ($60 - a decent deal) A long window latch ($10 - decent) A steering column lock ($45 - OK/soso deal) A set of H5 lights for the 911 ($100 - good deal) A set of headlights for the bus, $20 - seemed like a good deal 3 engine governors, $12 for the set. Don't know how they work, though. Barndoor jesus handle, good popout window frame, $17 Notchback Trim piece for engine lid - $5 2 Bus ventilation covers $2 set of seat belts (2) $20A

There was some stuff that i couldn't believe the prices they were charging!

Ie: set of bubble tailights, good condition, $300 reflector and bulb holder for center brake light, $75 sunroof latch handle, (crusty) $65

Now get this one:

A bus ventilation cover with some old-looking grateful dead stickers: Hang on to your hat, $800!! No, thats not a mis-print!

I'm beginning to recognize some of the people selling stuff now, and using that to my advantage: the guy I bought the bubble taillight wanted $80 in june, and wouldn't come down, allegedly had osmeone else who was gonna buy it, just had ot go get the cash. Well, today, I sez "Looks like you're still stuck with that light. Didn't sell it eh? I've give you $50" so we settled on $60. Another lady wanted $5 EACH for used knobs for wiper and light switches! (same betty as the sunroof handle, BTW) I got a set of 3 knobs and 2 handle backingpieces for $5!

The one I wanna work next time is the guy with the ambulance fan: he wants $230 for it.

Oh, and I got a radio block off plate for $20 Nice shape, though! Sheesh thats still kinda expensive for a part that was designed to be thrown away!

Thom -- > "640K ought to be enough for anybody." - Bill Gates, 1981 Thom Fitzpatrick tfab@netcom.com ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/tf/tfab/home.html '56 VW Sunroof Kombi '72 Porsche 911T Targa (For Sale? Make offer!) '78 BMW 530i Desperately seeking '51-'55 Barndoor Deluxe Project