Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Sep 1995 14:40:45 -0500 (EST)
From:         D689993B@edinboro.edu
Subject:      just starting out...

Hi, Throughout my life I have always had a fascination with TYPE II volkswagons, and I recently was given the oppurtunity to have my own. Being on a tight college budget limits my selection quite a bit and I was wondering if any on this list might be able to steer me the right direction. I have found a 1970 camper bus that is perfect inside but has a rusty back end and sills. Their is no motor but the owner ( a VW restorer of 30 years) assures me the front end and transmission are O.K. He also has many of the smaller parts in his garage and said he would be glad to help guide me through the project of restoration. I don't know too terribly much about engine work so his help would be essential to my sucsess. He wants $ 400 for it and believes it can be on the road for under $2,000. I really don't have anything to compare this price to since I've never seen a bus for sale in my area for under 2,500-3,500$$$. I was hoping maybe someone could advise me on this investment and E-mail me on the availabilty of '70 parts and

Press RETURN for more...

MAIL>

#287 21-SEP-1995 14:19:42.31 MAIL anything else you think I should know. This has always been my dream, so it is realy difficult for me to look at the vehicle objectively... I would greatly appreciate any resposes... Damian.