Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 1995 08:58:28 -0500
From:         Bob Polys <bpolys@sky.net>
Subject:      Re: 2nd Annual VW Fest

At 02:49 PM 9/26/95 CDT, you wrote: > >Hi VW Fans: > >We have the perfect place for your last campout of the summer. The 2nd >Annual VW Fest at Lazy Day campground in Mineola, MO - Oct. 20, 21, & 22nd >(3rd weekend). A real nice campground with heated restrooms, fishing and >all sites have electric and water. > >Octoberfest in Hermann, MO. On Saturday and / or Sunday we'll take a 17 >mile scenic caravan to the Historic German Town of Hermann, MO where we >will partake in their world famous annual German festival, "Octoberfest", >so pack your sleeping bag, don on your lederhosen and hop in your VW for >an unforgettable time. > >Directions. Mineola is between St.Louis and Columbia, MO on Hwy 70. Get >off at the Danville / Mineola exit at the mile marker 170. Go South on Hwy >J approximately 2 miles. It's on the Left side. You can't miss it! See ya >there! > >For more information on the campout, you can call me at 314-623-7124. Just my two cents.

On I 70 betwixt Columbia and St. Louis, the Mineola Hill is the steepest grade. Older buses should allow extra time if we get a *real* early snow. <grin>

BTW, Hermann is a very old German town on the Missouri river and has been making wine for a long time. Pretty good.

Check it out.