Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 27 Sep 1995 22:01:02 -0500
From:         cheeses@arn.net (Cranky Old Fart Under VW Bus)
Subject:      RE: Insurance Industry Regulation (was RE: BUSES, VALUE & RESALE)

> >On Sep 27, 1995, cheeses@arn.net wrote: > >>Public Citizen, in Washington DC, the group founded by Ralph Nader, is very >>active in lobbying government to control insurance company rates, etc. > Many >>states have their own chapters of this organization. >> >>In Texas, it's called Texas Citizen Action, based in Austin and Ft. Worth. >>They made a huge difference in the favor of consumers when Gov. Ann >Richards >>appointed the head of Texas Citizen Action to head the Texas Board of >>Insurance. Since newly-elected Gov. Shrub Bush has been in office, he's >>appointed white males from the insurance industry to the Texas Board of >>Insurance and fired the consumer advocate, resulting in much higher rates >>for the general public. > > >Is this the first proven connection between genitalia, skin color, and >economics? >So the racists were right after all! ;) > >..NOT > > -Steve Maher smaher@gi.com '71 VW Transporter

No, just same as it ever was: the Good Ol' Boy system at work in Texas government. Really doesn't have that much to do with race or gender (It's not the color of your skin; it's the color of your money). I'm sure the current Gov.'s Office could've dug up some Aunt Thomasina black females, token Hispanics or even hermaphrodite Eskimos to represent the insurance industry's interests on the State Board of Insurance.

BTW, Candidate Bush received millions in campaign funds from insurance industry lobbyists and PACs.

Costs me about 25% more per year SO FAR, and we're only into his first year of office.

Cheese