Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 30 Sep 1995 21:44:27 -0800 (PST)
From:         Gregor Durstewitz <GDURSTEW@oimb.uoregon.edu>
Subject:      one more question...

Dear buslist, after putting together the report on the engine swap \ 73 bus (see recent post) i'm left with just one more question. it's about the air intake thermostat thingie to the right (R is R) of the air filter. the vacuum hoses from that area are the only ones i neglected to label before i dropped the engine. anyone know how they go back on ? i've tried to deduce where they go by trying to understand their function...no dice. so here it goes: in my 1800\type4 carbureted engine there is a vacuum operated flap in the air filter air intake to the right (R is R) of the paper element air filter. one hose comes out of it, and it must go to what i think is a thermostatically operated vacuum valve (correct me if i'm wrong, i couldn't find it in my books...)which is located in the air intake elbow of the right carb. this thing now has 2 connectors for vac hoses, one is plastic black, one is brass. which one of these goes to the abovementioned warm\cold air flap? and i assume the other connector is for a vac hose from the intake manifold, 'cause that's the only one still dangling around these parts...are you confused yet ??? so here's my questions: 1. which hose goes where ? 2. can anyone explain how this works ? i had a brain meltdown trying to understand the logic behind it... love, G.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gregor Durstewitz ============= Oregon Institute of Marine Biology /_| |__||__| :| toff University of Oregon 0| Festus | toff Charleston, OR 97420 '-()-------()-'