Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Sep 1995 22:33:43 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re: Even More White Discussion

John at ja@coe.wvu.edu wrote:

>Where is Pastel White, Pastel Weib on the tags I think, I forget the >code but this has been the stock white for bumpers and roofs on all >late 70's I have ever seen. > >John >ja@coe.wvu.edu > >PS I don't believe the pop tops were ever painted, I agree with the >gell coat scenario, and working with fiberglass has been my business >(or rather my research) for a few years now. >>

Like, Rusty responds to John and stuff: Hey John you're my man! If you have been doin' fiberglass for a few years then (seriously) you are a few years of years ahead of me. This time only I don't mean to be a smart**s. I don't know diddly about fiberglass/glassfibre work. Maybe you can correctly clarify the differences between gel coating and painting fiberglass surfaces.

Sorry, but I have no reference for the color that you mentioned. I think that the list that I have seen mostly referenced the earlier vehicles. I'm not doubting that this and other colors existed but I personnally don't have any current knowledge of them. Here's the sh**, You brought it up so please call the local paint supplier and find out about it. B.S. (I mean, negotiate with) the proprietor for the formula and the L code. this way we all can learn. I feel the ex-educator in me oozing out. OK everyone, write a 500 word report!!!!! Let's build a data base for the list!! ...................................................................... Previously Rusty wrote: