Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Sep 1995 09:40:07 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Jim Ellis)
Subject:      Type2 rocker repair notes

After reading the discussions between Lee Griffiths and John T. Croteau, I remembered that I had notes as to replacement parts that actually fit. The following is only from personal experience. Everyone is free to ignore or disagree with the following.

TypeII rocker panel replacement parts that fit require two sources.

Inner rocker panels that fit: Das Bulli Haus (203) 642-7242

Outer rocker panels that fit: Wolfsburg West (714) 630-WOLF

** Personal experience as of 11/94 was that ordering both pieces from either source didn't fit worth beans. A combo as stated above fit pretty straight ahead! I'm sure that both sources are reputable good people and their mothers love them and all that poop. The suppliers used by these sources may have changed since 11/94. It seems silly to suggest two sources for this common repair but it worked for us. It has been my experience that metal pieces from some suppliers are only roughly the original shape/size and needed alot of trimming. The history of each bus (previous hidden collision damage etc.) may dictate the way any repair panel fits **