Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Sep 1995 17:50:33 -0500
From:         feets1st@ocala.com (Kevin Murray)
Subject:      1st Annual Love-Bug OFF

1ST ANNUAL NORTH FLORIDA LOVE-BUG OFF Sept 9th and 10th -----------------------------------------------------------------

NEWSFLASH::::::::::::

The bash is still on, however due the intense amount of rainfall from the previous month, SanteFe River is posting a record hi-mark. I just got off the phone with Oleno and they said it is still IFFY that the river will be open to swimming. Canoeing is permissible but only if you bring your own boat.

* Entrance costs are 3.25 per vehicle with up to 8 people per.... * Dry camping (no power) is 10.00 per night and with power 13.00 * Each campsite has it's own grill (charcoal type) and obligatory campfire ring..Wood for said campfire will most likely be damp..so bring your own type 1 case as starter fuel (joke!)

* No reservations are needed for campsites as they predict plenty will be available (last weekend was their big weekend & they expect a decline each remaining week till November)

We will be there early saturday morning setting up and welcoming folk. Look for a 21 window Blue/White/grey bus with a bunch of folk milling...

Directions:

Oleno State Park is 6 miles north of High Springs Florida on Highway 41

>From ATLANTA: I-75 south to Lake City exit, South on 41, go 21 miles >From TALLAHASSEE: 90 east to Lake City, do same as above -OR- 19/27 S to High Springs, go North on Highway 41 >From JACKSONVILLE 90 west to Lake City South on 41 to Oleno >From GAINESVILLE 441 North to High Springs, North on Highway 41 6 miles >From OCALA Same as Gainesville, but gotta go to Gainesville first ;-) >From TAMPA I-75 north to Lake City, South on 41, go 21 miles >From MIAMI/WPB I-95 north to Daytona, West on 40 to Ocala, North on 441 then same as getting there from Gainesville

Anybody wants a map faxed to them send me a fax w/ your fax number or call me at the following number... Or, call Oleno for more info @ 904.454.1853

My number is 904.622.5802, our fax number is 904.622.7846

Caravaning is still open to folks interested in getting together before the ride up.

again, contact me if you want need specifics...

Kevin