Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 07 Sep 95 22:23:00 P
From:         "Munnelly, Mike" <69000ATZ@macpo.ssd.loral.com>
Subject:      RE: '72 Westy update (was Re: '71 single cab

David Schwarze wrote:

> Here's the funny part. At the junkyard, I also found the cot that goes > in the poptop! Looked to be in good shape, too. Got it for $12.95. > Installed it - looks nice! Wonder if I can fit up there? I remembered > something about a 200lb weight limit, no prob. I only weigh 165. > Climbed up there, and found I fit pretty well (I'm 6'0"). I could sleep > up here in a pinch. I lean up to open a zipper in the tent, and > *riiiiiip* my big 'ole butt punches right through the canvas and I fall > through to the floor. Good thing the table wasn't set up! So now I > have a $13 cot that's ripped to shreds. :(

The same thing happend to my cot... I was on a camping trip with some friends. When it came time to divvy up the sleeping places, I told my buddy Bob (who's 6'4" and skinny as a rail), 'you can sleep up in the cot... It will be perfect for you'. Of course I didn't let on how I hated sleeping in that thing when I was a kid because it was so damn narrow and restricting. So he beds down for the night and it was just about lights out when he proudly shouts, "hey, this bed is great! I'm going to set up a cot like this in my bedroom!" Right after he got those words out, we heard the big Riiiip... Just had to share that with you Volks.

Mike '71 & '81 Westys