Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Sep 1995 14:10:00 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Happy Anniversary!!(FFFF)

In the continuing saga of the '67 "Westy Resto from Hell"...

I stopped by the body shop the other morning as I do most mornings now-a-days and asked the proprietor "What kinda cake do you want?" "No man, we're OK." he mumbled. I quickly realized that he surmised that I was asking in the oft used jive language if I was current on my bill and if he wanted some cash flow. Sorry, but at this point he is gonna have to crowbar cashflow outta me and show me a painted bus before I step up with any more moola. "No, I think you misunderstood me," I say. "I thought seeing as we have been married to each other for A YEAR NOW (insert Sam Kinison) I thought the least I could do is show up real soon with a cake, balloons, flowers, offer to take you out for dinner and maybe a movie afterwards. Who knows you might even get a kiss!" ;) He just kinda looks at me dumbfounded for a second then gets rather indignant. "Yeah OK, I'm busting my butt trying to get this thing outta here and move on with life." "Good concept" I tell him! =)

BTW: I cringe as I notice that two other VWs are waiting in line to be done at this shop of horrors. If you live in the Phoenix metro area and own a VW, I would suggest that you pick a shop very carefully or prepare for a long long long (I mean long) wait. Familiarize yourself with the word "Colostomy" (Hint: It has nothing to do with the stars).

............................................................................ Business lesson one: Provide a product or service and you will get paid. Do this and you can stay in business.

Business lesson two: Word of mouth is either your best advertising or worst enemy.