Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 12 Sep 95 9:56:11 EDT
From:         John Anderson <ja@coe.wvu.edu>
Subject:      Re: The Parts Place

Before these people get bashed all to hell, I'd like to interject a little in their favor. Over the last 10 years I or my family have ordered, Bus, Vanagon, Passat, Jetta, Rabbit, and Quantum Syncro parts from these people. They have always saved me considerable money compared to dealer prices. On the incredibly rare center muffler for the 4wd Quantum they saved $200+ on an OEM Leistritz part. Similarly they hunted down a power steering pump for our '86 vanagon used for less than half dealer price. They are quite reasonable on OEM tune-up items and OEM filters etc. They do not sell junk as a rule. However in the interest of the people having difficulty with them, yes they have screwed up my orders innumeable times, even if you make them read it back carefully, etc. etc. Never have I had a problem rectifying the issue though, a simple call back and they exchange for correct parts, sometimes I pay shipping back, sometimes they do, and they will usually ship the correct part free if you hassle em since it was their mistake. HOWEVER AS WITH ANY MAIL ORDER COMPANY I HAVE ALWAYS USED PLASTIC FOR THE ADDED INSURANCE THAT THEY WILL DEAL WITH MY VISA COMPANY NOT ME IF AN UNRECTIFIED MISTAKE OCCURS. I still strongly reccommend the company without reservation but suggest that the mail order buyer beware. Always use a credit card. Have the order read back to you with prices and make sure they verify that they have the stuff in stock. You should have no problems and if you do they should be solved quickly and easily. This said I just ordered a couple of clutch and accelerator cables from em last Friday, to make me eat crow, I'll probably get Bug parts. We'll see.

John ja@coe.wvu.edu '78 Westy Virginia