Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 13 Sep 1995 14:18:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "A Brandon Smith" <brandys@ichips.intel.com>
Subject:      reason for self-service and OR bashing

i'm all up for people getting angry for stupid reasons!!! so here goes... who the heck said that the reason oregonian's still have that law on the books is so we and visitors don't have to get out of their cars and smell fumes and be in the rain. hogwash to you i say! pure smelly feces right there. first of all at half the places you still have to go inside to pay someone for the gas the person outside pumped! so you still smell fumes and still get wet (remember everyone, it is ALWAYS raining here in oregon, ALWAYS). the way i understand it is the reason for the law is to provide low income jobs, and a lot of them. take a look at our unemployment rate, and yeah.... no sales tax:)

oggg a da booog a da doooo. rising to the bait and feeling like a happy silly boy today i am! ok, how about this... everyone stay right where you are, don't travel because meeting new people and seeing new things is much less intresting than television. so stay home and watch the boob tube and gripe about this and that.

ok, and also, how about a vw question here (for those of you actually took the time to read this message and then read this far). lets talk maintenance. i am getting better at working on my bus. can actually tell you what a few of the things in the engine compartment are and even what some of the nameable things do. someone send a list of maintenance things for me to check. who's replaced the clutch in a 73 bus? how hard is that going to be?

well, there you go. take care everyone. i think i will get back to work now:)