Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 1995 11:51:08 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (Rusty VanBondo)
Subject:      Re: VWofA suing over VW piccie use???

A few comments:

*1.* VWoA would be wise to recognize the potential within the "supporters" of their products. I beleive this non support by VWOA to be one of the biggest potential faux pas of marketing history. Originally they enjoyed one of biggest advertising/marketing sucesses in world history now they are risking stepping on their third leg by not fostering those who, in the near future, may be able to purchase (or are currently purchasing) the newer product line. If VWOA is reading this post then I beg them to please wake the heck up! Thank you VWOA for sending one of your corporate marketing representatives and supporting us at the Arizona Bus Club Jamboree which was held at Jerome, AZ, USA on September 15, 1994. I personnally have not heard of any other VWOA support of the secondary market since then. The biggest potential target market of VWOA's new product line exists within the existing secondary market. Granted, not everyone can afford to or would choose to purchase a $20,000-$40,000 vehicle. More focus and support needs to be placed toward the development of the long term target market rather than focusing all effort on today's bottom-line results.

*2.* A representative of VWOA, (Ms. Sally Eberle) attended the event described above upon receipt of an invitation from the Arizona Bus Club. Her attendance of the event was truly appreciated. As an individual, not as a member of any organization, I support promoters of all events to formally and professionally extend the invitation to your next event. I do not condone any inflamatory communications or malicious actions by any individual or group. Contact:

Volkswagen United States, Inc. Mr. Gordon F. Alexander Customer Relations Manager c/o Ms. Sally Eberle Mail Code 2F02 3800 Hamblin Road Auburn Hills, MI 48326

*3.* Photographic and Illustrative renderings of (most)anything can be deemed to be "works of art" and can be copyrighted by the creator of the image. Certain limitations and restrictions apply, but this game can be played to the Nth degree. Logos, trademarks etc. are protected but only to a point. Find that point and stay just outside of the legal no-no side. As an artist and a businessman I support protection of copyrighted works of all kinds. I never support plagerism but I will always fight for civil liberties and common sense. I have not been able to connect to the site in question. If photographs, illustrative or other creative works created and copyrighted by VWOA are being used in their original form without permission from or credit being given to VWOA in a site belonging to other than VWOA then I personnally think that it is possible that changes may be necessitated. I encourage everyone to create new concepts and works. Wisdom, insight, and common sense should prevail.

The comments above are *only* the opinions and expressions of Jim Ellis and no one else. These opinions are covered under a little known and increasingly attacked concept within the United States of America usually referred to as the "First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America" ..............................................................................