Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Sep 1995 13:11:11 -0700
From:         Scott Bogen <runwesty@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:      Cassidy turns 100k

Hi All, Well Cassidy my beloved '77 deluxe westy turned 100,000 last evening at 6:54 edt on I285 in Atlanta. I pulled over to the side of the road feeling like I should have a ceramony of some sort. Then pictured the delightful Georgia State Patrol stopping to see what s wrong as I am dancing around the bus waving incense and chanting. Some how I thought the moment might be lost on them and did not want to end up in the county psych ward, or spend hours waiting as they tore the bus apart in search of illegal substances, finding none but ruining the interior. So I simply thanked the bus, gave her a big kiss on the dash and drove on to a rather boring party, where the signifigance of the event seemed lost on the others, "you mean you are gonna still drive something with that many miles on it, man you were far better off in your Rodeo". So this weekend is gonna be a big one as far as maintainence goes, valves, bleeding the brakes, checking all the connections, new points, plugs, condensor, lubing etc. I have been offered the assistance of a friend who is alot more mechanically inclined than me (I just learning 6 weeks ago when I got the bus how to check the oil)so it should be a learning experience, I am looking forward to it. Please forgive me in advance if you see urgent help messages here this weekend, I have this fear of taking something out and forgetting where to put it back, I do have a system planned though, an old sheet and a marker, everythign laid out and marked on the sheet. Thanks for all that I have learned just lurking around the edges. Peace, "Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand and say's Scoob Don't you see, got to make some how, on the dreams you still believe, Don't give it up, you got an empty cup, Only love will fill, only love will fill" Jerry Garcia