Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Sep 1995 16:20:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      Re: Kombi v. Microbus

John Croteau querries:

> What were the differences between the Typ 221...and the Type 231 (kombi)? It seems like a lot of people get the two confused and mixed up quite a bit.]

Not many people here get it mixed up...especially arter all of the discussions that have gone on around here...but seeing as how YOU seem to be mixed up here's the major definition of a KOMBI.

A KOMBI is the base line passenger version of the Typ2. The major features are plain painted pressboard wall and ceiling panels and basic seats and seat covers. In the T1 version there were three windows on each side of the van...

Basically the KOMBI (or KOMBInation) is an attempt to have a vehicle that can be a work vehicle during the week (without the seats) and a family vehicle on the weekend when the seats are put back in.

As I posted two weeks ago...the KOMBI is alive and well in the T4 family....in fact one can get a 10+ passenger version of the T4 Kombi.

If you want more Kombi info, look into the vanagon archives...

Ric