Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Oct 1995 14:26:37 -0700
From:         jim@atcweb.atc.1dc.com (jim ellis)
Subject:      Re: Thom's Case Study (used to be humorous)

>And Mike White thus wrote: >> <snip> re: folks passing on the right

>And Then Thom said: <another snip> >On the trip down there, on Hwy 80, going about 70 in the middle lane, >several people would zoom up from behind in the #1 lane, slide over 2 lanes, >pass me, and then zoom back to the #1 lane. C'mon - be a MAN - pass on the LEFT!

Rusty just had to pipe up and spew: For this reason I can hardly wait to take the '67 Westy "blindspot-mobile" out on the roadways of America. As we all know, the Westys of this general vintage have a coat closet in the rear passanger quarter of the bus. It makes for a terrific blindspot. The Westy is gunna be the wife's daily driver. The wife is a true sweetheart but has *contacts* as thick as Coke bottles. The combo of the happy-go-lucky Phoenix motoring public, the half blind wife, and the Westy blindspot, and the bazillion dollar 13 month paint and bodywork is going to be real interesting! Happy, happy joy-joy! We'll do the best we can, have fun with it and insure the p*ss out of it. BTW: the "Too Slow? Too Bad!" bumper sticker works great on the single cab! As to the "C'mon - be a MAN" is concerned, I find that the "man" is usually a 18-25 year old blonde in a red "cat box" sports car or Mr. Sexually frustrated Businessman in a mid 80's Ford LTD 4 door with a NRA and Family oriented bumper and Counry music FM station related stickers and a fish attatched on the back." Strangely enough, I get lots of glares and fingers from both groups. rvb\