Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 Oct 1995 17:11:10 MST
From:         "Mike White" <MIKE.WHITE@law.utah.edu>
Subject:      re: Gotta stay in the left lane! (Was: Passing...)

> One evening I was driving home from Dallas to Austin, and I came upon a > woman in one of those new Dodge cars(Cirrus or something like that), of > course she was in the passing lane(it seems that I am the only one in > the right lane, even if I am going faster than the traffic(people drive > less than the speed limit unless it is 55 or less, than they drive 70+), > well whenever someone comes up to her bumper, she pulls into the right > lane, and as soon as that person passes her, she moves into the left > lane, regardless of whether or not there is someone else waiting to > pass. It gets ridiculous people in Texas refuse to move over, and they > give you dirty looks if they do.

Haha! That is great!

I've noticed this phenomena. I'll be in the fast lane, the car in front of me will eventually pull over after I shoot the flare gun at it, then I pass. (Disclaimer: I don't do this in my bus. Only my normal car which can go over 60MPH... <g>)

Well as SOON as I pass, the person gets right back in the left lane!!!

WHY? There is no one in front of them in the middle lane!

I guess they THINK they are going to get where they are going if they stay in the fast lane.

Insane is what it is!

- Mike White

[Mail: mike.white@law.utah.edu - mwhite@eng.utah.edu] Visit my '57 23-Window VW BUS at: [http://fpc99.law.utah.edu/]