Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:19:15 -0400
From:         cp682@cleveland.freenet.edu (Lisa Quinn)
Subject:      Re: Fridge temps

Hi all!

Have been away from the list for awhile. Caught the Indians Fever here in Cleveland, and was rendered temporarily insane.

About fridge temps - I haven't put a thermometer in my fridge, but here is my experience. Pre chill your food before it goes in the VW fridge. Put it in the house fridge at least 24 hours ahead of time. Also, plug in you van to shore power, and turn on the fridge a day ahead of time. Or fire up the propane power. If you do this, your food will stay cold. In fact I still haven't used it long enough to figure out what the right setting is. So far I have only used it on maximum cold, and that was cold enough to freeze soda cans on the top shelf. So it was in fact colder than 40F up at the top. I intend to put in a fridge fan next summer. It will be my winter project to see if I can rig one up. I can't see paying $25 for one at the RV store when it's made up of about $2 worth of parts.

Lisa

-- Lisa Quinn at cp682@cleveland.freenet.edu