Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 3 Oct 1995 23:26:43 -0500
From:         ehintz@mail.utexas.edu (Edmund A. Hintz)
Subject:      Re: Hit from behind

tob> I'm just glad as hell you're o.k. I dread the day we hear about tob> one of us actually getting hurt (or worse) by DWI bozos. I figure tob> that getting behind the whell of a car, even once, with too much tob> to drink should disqualify the driver from ever holding a liscence tob> again. The stakes are too high, and I've lost a couple friends to tob> DWI drivers. I'm so glad you could walk away from this one.

For 5 years I rode a Suzuki GS850 as my only transpo in the LA area-2 years of which I made a regular trip to San Diego on the weekends. To avoid traffic, and because of my work schedule, I rode extremely late at night-never got on the road before 11, often not 'till 1 or 2. Got real familar with defensive driving. Almost every night I'd pull over after IDing a drunk, sonetimes 2-3 on the same night, and call it in to CHP on one of the call boxes. Never saw one pulled over, but I did my part-plate #'s, auto description & everything. Still do it whenever I see one. Those bastards can really ruin your day when you're on/in anything with less than 10 wheels. I guess my point is to urge social conciousness upon one and all-if we call 'em in, they *might* get nailed. And a maybe is better than nothing.

tob> I wish I had a nice '71 to sell you. Cheap.

Likewise. Hang in there bud, karma will take care of both you and the moron in the nova.

Peace, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Edmund A. "Eddie" Hintz **|** "You may say I'm a dreamer, Voice Major, UT Austin * | * But I'm not the only one... (512) 416-7980 * /|\ * I hope someday you'll join us, <ehintz@mail.utexas.edu> */ | \* And the world will live as one. '70 Primered Transporter ***** Imagine." ------------------------------------------------------------------------