Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Oct 1995 21:40:39 -0500
From:         cheeses@arn.net (Cheese)
Subject:      Re: kombi on fire

>On Oct 4, 8:00pm, Aaron Sedgmen wrote: >> Subject: kombi on fire >> Hello all >> >> On TV last night, one of the news programmes had brief footage of what >> appeared to be an 1800/2 litre kombi completely ablaze with rear tyres >> exploding. The report stated that while travelling along a Sydney >> freeway the driver noticed smoke coming from the rear of the van and >> was able to pull over and get out before the fire took hold. >> Spectacular viewing (that's why it made the news) but pretty disturbing >> to a kombi owner.

Reminds me of the Furry Freak Brothers driving their old VW hippie bus through West Texas. The always-present gale-force winds in those parts were blowing Kamikaze tumbleweeds across the highway every twenty yards or so. (I've seen this happen lots of times.)

One Christmas tree-sized tumbleweed lodged under the engine of the bus and Phineas Freak just kept on driving to dislodge it. The heat from the exhaust manifold ignited the tumbleweed. The boys got out to check out all the smoke and flames and KABLOOEY!! the van was blown to bits. Over by the "bobwahr" fence one tumbleweed says to another, "Soon the roads will be ours."

Cheese