Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Oct 1995 11:13:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:         Harmon F Seaver <hseaver@csd.uwm.edu>
Subject:      Backfires?

My bus has started backfiring when I shut it off -- anyone know what this is from? It was a weber carb, so doesn't have the "electro-magnetic fuel cut-off jet" as on the Solexs, which is how VW solved the problem before FI, but this wasn't doing it before. I was priced a weber rebuild kit at $35 at my FLAPS, which seemed outrageous for a needle and seat and a couple of gaskets, etc. -- plus I'm not exactly sure which model it is -- the only numbers are the ones on each barrel, a 26 and a 27 with a cirlce around them. My Hanes Weber manual only talks about a 32/36 DF* in the section with pictures that look like this carb, but the barrels are clearly 26 & 27, not 32/36 --- does anyone know if this is the right model designation? I sure don't want to pay $35 for the kit only to find it doesn't work.

-- Harmon Seaver hseaver@csd.uwm.edu hseaver@nyx.cs.du.edu seaverh@vaxa.cis.uwosh.edu

We have found the Fountain of Youth in Asia!

============================================================================== Microsoft Network, or any service owned in full or in part by Microsoft, is prohibited from redistributing this work in any form, in whole or in part. Copyright, Harmon F. Seaver, 1995. License to distribute this post is available to Microsoft for US$1,000 per instance, or equivalent local currency. Posting without permission constitutes an agreement to these terms. Please send notices of violation to hseaver@csd.uwm.edu and postmaster@microsoft.com. ==============================================================================