Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Oct 1995 22:39:39 -0500
From:         cheeses@arn.net (Cheese)
Subject:      Re: Steering Damper and RMMW

Nate,

Replacing the steering damper is about like falling off a log. No need to explain; it's that easy.

Rocky Mountain Motor Works: Probably the best selection of parts and the fastest service in the biz. A little pricey, though. In the past few months, I've probably ordered $1,000 or so from them. They had almost everything I wanted in stock. It helps to have their catalogue and send them a fax with their part number next to each part on your list. They can process it really quickly that way.

I told them that I work on VWs part-time and gave them my resale number (valid) and they gave me a 15% discount. They're still a little expensive, though, even with the discount. But the service and fast shipping is worth it. I live about 330 miles from there (by Colorado Springs) and they have the parts to me within two or three days, UPS ground.

Good luck/Have fun,

Cheese '79 Transporter