Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1995)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         10 Oct 1995 20:07:24 GMT
From:         Martin_Skielboe@online.pol.dk (Martin Skielboe)
Subject:      Re: VANAGON digest 641

>3) Who has an opinion (good or bad) on Rocky Mountain Motor Works? >Decent >parts? Decent service? I'm thinking about buying some electrical >parts

I spent quite a bit of money while doing a five year restoration on my 1956 bug, of which a good portion went to Rocky Mountain Motor Works. In the beginning these folks were the best. I was especially impressed with the support they provided. A couple of times the would call me up to provide updated information on problems they were sorting out for me. Particularly in replacing the wire loom -I couldnŐt figure out the turn signal and semaphore combination. Anyway, because of this I had great things to say about this shop. But, about 18 months ago I changed my tune. I have had a number of orders where without any notification items were not shipped, and minor (yet annoying) discrepancies with the billing: overcharging $10 here $15 there. The overcharging was not that big of a problem but what really gets under my skin is waiting for up to six weeks for overseas delivery only to find missing items. I kept saying Ňno problem a fax will sort it outÓ but, they donŐt answer their faxes. Telephoning isnŐt much better. In the end, I figure there a other people out there willing to a bit more honest and respectful. To bad. They had a good thing going. OneŐs only worst off by these lousy practices.

Glen Swanson 1956 de luxe daily driver 1961 221 bus